Flaking skin on ankle, brown color, not itchy. Any ideas?

Question
I have a patch of skin on my ankle that is flaking skin and is brown in colour. It is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. It is not itchy at all. Any ideas ?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 35 minutes later
Hi AAAA
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Flaky skin lesion has all the likelihood to be a fungal infection.
If they are multiple like on your back, hands etc. then it may be a psoriatic lesion.
Since when it is there?
It would be a great help to diagnose it, if you could put a follow up query with these detail and a close shot photograph.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Flaking skin on ankle, brown color, not itchy. Any ideas? 10 hours later
The skin disturbance is not evident on any other part of my body.
I have a photo but it is not obvious how to upload.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Hi AAAA
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
With single lesion it is likely that you have fungal infection.
You can use Lobate-GM or Tenovate-GM local cream twice a day for two weeks.
There is an option for REPORTS Upload where you can attach the photograph, I would like to be sure about diagnosis by seeing the photograph also.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Flaking skin on ankle, brown color, not itchy. Any ideas? 9 minutes later
I have uploaded photo

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi AAAA
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
Have you heard the XXXXXXX "a picture is worth millions of words!"
Your problem might have an overlay of fungal infection but it is not primarily a fungus infection, because it has got satellite lesions which are not a characteristic of fungal infections.
Still the cream I have advised would help by reducing fungal load and will reduce the inflammation.
But ideally before starting the treatment you should get a visit to dermatologist and get it investigated it is most likely a Dermatitis(Eczema)
Wish you a great health!