Fissure between thigh and scrotum. Have kept it clean and applied antibiotic. Anything else I should I do?

Infertility Specialist
I am a 79-year old male. I have a fissure between my upper thigh and the scrotum. About two days now. I have kept it clean and applied antibiotic ointment. Anything else I should dio?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1) The area & type of wound (fissure) you are describing is suggestive of fungal infection. Therefore, if you dont get relief with antibiotic ointment, please change over to antifungal ointment after 10 days.

2) Keep the area neatly shaven. Because hair impair wound healing.

3) keep washing the area twice a day with soap & water.

4) Since the area is prone to frequent sweat, it is important to keep it dry.

5) Wear loose undergarments which allow adequate ventilation & hence wound healing.

I hope i answered your queries, please accept my answer if no more queries.