Finished TB medication dosage, have not yet conceived. Why?

i have been om tb medication for the last 9 months,i took my last dose yesterday and for the last three months i have tried to get pregnant but i have not yet conceived,why?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 31 minutes later

I am glad you have completed your course of treatment for Tuberculosis (Tb) and hopefully you have recovered well.

Abdominal Tb can sometimes cause fertility problems, but it is not the only cause.

To help you better, please write back with answers to these queries:-
-Which organ was involved in the tubercular infection?
-Have you done other investigations for the cause of infertility (yours as well as your partner’s tests)?
-Are all the reports normal? - If not, please write the abnormality?
-Are your periods regular?
-How long have you been married?
-Have you taken any treatment for infertility?

Please write back so that I can help you better.

Awaiting your response

Follow-up: Finished TB medication dosage, have not yet conceived. Why? 19 hours later
the affected organs were my lungs,i have not been having periods,and i have been married for two years,i have not taken any infertility medication,all the reports are normal and my husband doesn't have any problem.
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 4 hours later
Tuberculosis of lungs does not cause infertility but tuberculosis of reproductive organs does cause infertility.
Regular periods with a proper ovulation are main requirements for getting pregnant.
You have not written details like:-
1.since how long you are not having your periods?
2.what are the reports you did which you said are normal?
Absence of periods is a cause of infertility
You will need to get evaluated in detail to find the cause of absent periods.
A better option will be to consult a Gynaecologist and get examined and investigated.
Please write back with your history as required and I shall try my best to help you.