Fingers started going numb from one to other and part of hand. Underlying cause?

my left fingers started going numb first the thumb then the next finger gradually to the little finger then part of the hand lasting maybe 20 min
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 minutes later

Numbness in a part is an abnormal sensation felt when there is either structural or physiological damage to the nerve supplying that part.

Since the numbness you have is localized, I suspect it to be due to peripheral neuropathy. You may have to consult a Neurologist who can examine and order for tests like Nerve biopsy and Meanwhile do take Multivitamin supplements which help in maintaining the health in the nerves.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.