Fingered girl's vagina, had cut on finger. Risk of getting STD/HIV?

Jul 2012

I met a girl last night and I fingered her for a while, in the morning i realized I have a cut on my finger on the tip. It's somewhat XXXXXXX but it happened about 4 days ago. I'm not sure of her health status. I'm wondering if there is any risk of getting a STD/Aids?
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there.
I read your problem with interest. Dont worry..i doubt the cut on your finger was 'bleeding'. If it was 4 days ago, it is more likely a healed fissure. Also, viruses eg HIV do not spread that easily tween body fluids (other than serum or blood or genital fluids) unless contaminated with blood or blood products. So if fingering is all you did & then washed with soap/water/detergent presumably, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Should you be the fastidious sort & still wish to be absolutely certain, then a PCR test for the HIV test may be in order albeit i dont forsee any problems. Of course, things like warts(HPV) & other such viruses may pop up at a later date & there is no sure way of knowing this at the moment except for a visual vigilance! Might i suggest employing more caution in future & practice safe sex & do try to keep tabs on such persons fingered in your interest should you require to re-confirm or even consider checking or helping the other person out. Cheers & Good Luck. Once again, i reiterate, dont envisage a problem & all should be well!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Follow-up: Fingered girl's vagina, had cut on finger. Risk of getting STD/HIV? 23 minutes later
Thanks for the info DR, I feel a lot better.

One thing I noticed about the location of the cut, it looks like it keeps getting bumped thus causing it to reopen. I'm not sure if that would change your answer but I have been putting ointment cream for the past couple days. Today my skin looks a little red around the cut.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 39 minutes later
Hi Again,
Glad you feeling better! I suggest you get that finger looked at by a dermatologist if it does not heal in a week & it is possible that the location is dealying the healing. But, earlier answer issues regards the STD's/HIV. Cheers & Hv a good day!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD