Ask a Dentist   »  

Finding difficulty in smiling due to right premolar. How can I correct it?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Hi. I'm 26 year old. May I ask what I'll go through to "save" my mouth? It is not easy to smile and my right premolar always comes out and get pics awful. will I have to get it extracted before my mouth looks nice? and I think I will I have to wear braces, isn't it? I'll go for internal version if so. How may it takes to have happy results? Many thanks.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible with Braces treatment Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Hello. Your problem may be solved by braces treatment [Orthodontic treatment]. Consult your dentist he will guide you properly. Usually this treatment takes 15-18 months. Some people require removal of teeth. Either steel or ceramic braces may be used for the treatment. The braces may be fixed either on facial surface of the teeth or from inside [from tongue side], however your orthodontist will guide you which one suits better for you. Recently Invisible braces have also come where removable teeth aligner are used to correct the teeth position [ Clearpath orthodontics system]. You may consider whichever is convenient both comfort-wise and financially. If have anything to be clarified further I am happily available Wish you happy smiles, with regards
Follow-up: Finding difficulty in smiling due to right premolar. How can I correct it? 1 hour later
Thanks for your answer. I will see a dentist asap . But what is your opinion at glance? Will I have to removed some? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXX, Hello. By looking at the p Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, Hello. By looking at the photo I feel you may need extraction of teeth, however it not possible for anyone to say conclusively by looking at the present photo. To decide whether a person needs extraction or not we look at teeth arrangement in bite position and extra-oral appearance and other protocols are there. It is better to decide after clinical/physical examination. with regards,