Fever, swollen glands, congestion. Taken antibiotics. Done blood work. What is happening?

I have had a temperature for 10 days, swollen glands, minor congestion. My doc has run blood work, even given me an antiobiotic. But my temp goes up to 100.3 sporatically,mostly in the evening. He told me not to return to work until it stops. but nothing is helping. The antibiotic he gave me in case it was not viral almost immediately took the swolen glands away, and I was temperature free until an hour ago..The highest it goes in 101.3 He is testing me for mumps, hiv ( my request) chest x XXXXXXX ..results not in. Some folks say that 100.3 is really not a temperature
I can' t stay home forever. I think he is clueles
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 36 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your problem.
Having temperature for 10 days indicates a problem.
I could comment better if you had mentioned the blood reports.
Antibiotics taking the glands away indicates the infection and the efficacy of the drug.
Any temperature above 100 is fever.
I think you should wait for a couple of days as there is response to the drug.Let the other tests come.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.