Fever, stomach ache, lower abdominal hurt in a child. What can be the reason, Advise?

I have a toddler (3 and 31 lbs) that is running a 102 temp and complaining of a stomach ache. medicine relieves the temp for a few hours, drinking liquids but still complaining of lower stomach hurting.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for posing the query
I understand your concern and will try to address it.
I will need certain informations from you before being able to answer you.
Since when your child is having fever?
Is he playing around or lying dull?
How is his appetite?
Is there any cough?
Is there any difficulty in breathing?
Is there any associated vomiting and diarrhea?
Are there any any small or big red color or purple patches on his skin?
Does he complain of any ear ache?

Generally most of the fever in children are viral in nature and become alright in 3 to 4 days and one doesn't have to give any antibiotics for it but if the fever gets prolonged or if the symptoms worsen,then it could be bacterial infection.

Please give the required information to me so that we can take our discussion ahead.
Waiting for your reply