Fever starting in the afternoon, loss of appetite, severe body aches. Fine in the morning. Why is it ?

for 2 days, starting in the afternoon, around 2 pm, I get a fever between 101 and 102, loss of appetite, and severe body aches. I am fine in the morning. I have no nausea. I am female, 65 years old, in generally good condition.
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 6 hours later

Thank you for writing in.

Before we reach the diagnosis of fever for two days which could be benign will be you kind enough to tell us following details:
1. How has been you blood pressure and which medicines you are taking to control it?
2. When was your last lipid profile done and results if you have. Have you ever been investigated for diabetes?
3. Is there any history of travel outside the US? Especially recently.
4. Any associated symptoms except body aches which you mentioned? Any change in bowel or urinary patterns? Any burning sensations? Any chills rigors or cold sweats.?
5. Any loss of appetite when you do not have fever any recent loss of weight say over last one month? Any feeling of malaise when fever is not there?

Looking forward to answers which will help in getting to the cause of fever.

With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (internal medicine) DM (Cardiology)