Fever, sore throat, tiredness, light headedness, body pain. Taken Tylenol. Any suggestions?

My boyfriend has had a fever over 102 since Thursday and a severe sore throat. Extremely tired and occasionally light headed and body pains. Only time
Fever stays below 101 is when taking Tylenol q4h. Tryin to figure out if we should have him seen tonight rather than in the morning but he doesn't have health insurance either any suggestions
Posted Sat, 11 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 39 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It looks like he is suffering from a severe upper respiratory infection. Since its been more than 5 days now he needs to be put on antibiotics like azithromycin or amox with clavulanic acid and more so because he is running high grade temperature. Please approach a physician tomorrow for the prescription.
Along with Tylenol you could try

1. Salt water gargling with warm water
2. Avoid cold beverages. Hot soup would be ideal
3. Avoid milk and milk products

I wish him a speedy recovery

If there are any further queries I will be happy to help