Fever, recurring every 7days in pattern ,tired, headache. Had paracetamol. What do I need to do?

I've been experiencing mild fever like symptoms, which repeat every seven days. On the evening of 4th of May, Friday, I started feeling feverish, so I took Paracetamol and went to bed. Saturday was lazy and had no fever, but was feeling tired and exhausted. By Sunday, the fever was completely gone and was back to normal.

I thought it could be on off instance, but got worried when similar patter repeated next weekend of 11th, 12th May too. This time the fever started with headache, which persisted throughout Saturday.

Why is this happening and what do I need to do.
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 58 minutes later

Though there are illnesses which occur periodically I would not consider that being the cause in you.

Periodic fevers are diagnosed when there is a long history of recurrent fever for years and most of them are due to derangements in body enzymes or metabolism.

What I suspect in you is a infective focus producing fever which was suppressed momentarily by immune system.Such infection could be in lymph nodes , glands or even in XXXXXXX organs.

I recommend you to take Paracetamol for fever,get your self examined so as to find the point of infection and place you on specific antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.