Fever, pain in right side, headache during ovulation, causes ?

Question
why do i run a fever, ache in my right side, and headache once a month when i ovulate? i am 29 years old and my youngest child is 14 mos. i have no other known health issues. this started about 1 year ago
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Fever, ache in the right side of the abdomen and headache once a month during ovulation may be or may not be related. Most common possibility for headache during ovulation could be due to migraine. And the abdominal pain might be due to ovulation. It would be better to undergo an Ultrasound scan of the abdomen to rule out any other possibilities like Ovarian cyst or a Ureteric stone as it is associated with fever.

I would like to know a few more things which will help me in suggesting you better:
1. May I know the readings of the temperature during ovualtion?
2. May I know the exact site of the abdominal pain?
3. May I know the type of the pain like strecthing, pinching?
4. Does your fever relieve on its own or after any medications? If on medications, may I know the medications you usually take?
5. Are there any Urinary symptoms present like Burning sensation while urinating, increase in frequency?
6. Are you following any family planning methods?
7. May I know the aggravating or relieving factors of your Headache?

Knowing the above questions would help me in advising you better. It would also be better to get examined and evaluated by a GYNAEC to know the cause and the treatment required accordingly.

Awaiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Fever, pain in right side, headache during ovulation, causes ? 24 hours later
my temperature during ovulation was 100.3
the fever goes away on its own usually after 2 days
there is a spot that is painful to the touch just below the ribs on my back on the right side .and the whole lower right side hurts.a constant ache
on the urinary symptoms, there is an increase in frequency and the muscles that expel the urine hurt when i urinate.but not a burning sensation.
we only use a barrier for family planning methods
i dont always get a headache and the symptoms are different every time
this last time i had a lower backache up until my period

a friend suggested that maybe not everything was expelled during the birth of my last child,and causing infection.could this be a possibility?
i also had a miscarriage just before my pregnacy.

the furtherest back that i can recall any problems was @ 4 years ago when we were building our new house and we didnt have restroom facilities and i held back the urge to urinate for long periods of time and soon after that i developed an ache in my lower abdomen just before my period and later also when i ovulated.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

After the delivery if anything is left inside the uterine cavity by any chance, it gets cleared up when you resume your periods after the delivery.So, it is irrelevant to think that you have developed some kind of an infection due to the delivery.

The persistent pain in the lower abdomen along with discomfort in pelvic floor muscles which sometimes continues till your period begins points towards some kind of a cyst in the ovary.It is best to get an ultrasound scan done to find out the cause.

Association of mild fever with ovulation is a harmless association and can be treated with Acetaminophen.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.