Fever, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhea. Took paracetamol. History of taking antibiotics for tooth abscess, upper respiratory tract infection and chest infection

3 days ago i started to feel off, very tired and strange so i took my temperature is was 38.6c so took some paraceptomol and went to bed. later that day i developed nausea and yellow diarrhrea. Temperature has gone down but i now more pain in a previously damaged arm,upper right back pain and the nausea and diarrhea continues. I have a mild ache in my tummy and still feel very tired. Over the last month or so have had 3 courses of antibiotics for a tooth absess, upper tractinfection and chest infection. All of which seem to be still hanging around a little. Im fed up of being ill. Please help!
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Based on the details mentioned, you are probably suffering from an Infection.

It is hard to predict the type of infection without a physical examination. The likely causative infections could be Viral. However other possible infection such as Salmonella(Typhoid) needs to be ruled out.

Continue the use of paracetamol whenever your temperature goes above 37 deg C.

It is essential that you keep yourself well hydrated with good nutritious diet in times of infection. They help in faster recovery.

I do recommend that you see a general physician for a physical examination. He may run a few run some blood test to determine the type of infection and may suggest you a course of antibiotics

A bland diet, with reduced spices needs to be followed.

I suggest you to take an opinion from general physician and I can be available to answer your queries once the primary consult is done.

Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX com

Wish you a speedy recovery. Take care.