Fever, chest congestion and headaches. Taken expectorant and aspirin. Are these symptoms of flu?

I have flu like symptoms, I take an expectorant for my chest congestion and aspirin for head aches. But I contiune to have occasional fever of less than 100. This has been going on since friday ( four days )
Should I be concerned , can I return to work???
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 11 minutes later
Hello and thanks for submitting the question
Normally flu symptoms go in 3 to 5 days
The matter of concern is Diabetes.
If fever persists beyond today then you should consult your doctor and get the blood tests done to rule out bacterial infections.
Since you are hypertensive,you should avoid taking Aspirin for your headaches.
You can take paracetamol.
I hope to have answered you however if you have any additional concern,I am ready to discuss.
Thanks and good luck.