Fever, body pain, vomiting. Taking Dolo and Azilide. Not responding to medication

Hi Doctor,

My wife has fever,body pain and vomiting from last three days. we already went to doctor 2 days back and he said she got viral fever and given Medicine dolo 650 and Azilide500 but till no change in her fever and tiredness,fever will go once she had medicine and comeback after few hours.Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I can appreciate your concern for your wife. I do not see any reason for worry.

As you already been to doctor, he must have examined her and then only prescribed the necessary medicines.

As per the prescription given it seems that she is having some infection related to upper respiratory tract. Normally after starting any antibiotics it takes around couple of days for fever to respond.

Please do the following which should help.

1. Give plenty of liquids like fruit juice, lemon juice etc.Please give small amount every 30 minutes.
2. Give her light diet like dal rice-curd rice, fruits etc.
3. Make sure the medicines are retained. There should be no vomiting at least till 45 minutes after the tablets taken.
4. In case the vomiting dose not stop please talk to your doctor and take medicines for vomiting
5. Ask her to take proper rest.
6. You can give her dolo 650 up to 3 times in a day.
7. Maintain a temperature chart so that your doctor can see the response to the treatment.

In case fever still not respond she need a one more review by your doctor and some tests like blood counts and urine examination as per advise by your doctor.

Depending upon the results further treatment can be decided.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to write again if you have some more queries.

Wishing her speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Fever, body pain, vomiting. Taking Dolo and Azilide. Not responding to medication 2 hours later
Thank you soo much doctor
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 42 minutes later

thanks,please accept the answer and rate it.