Fever, body pain, throat pain, sneezing. Taken Combiflam. Advise some antibiotic

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases

SInce Saturday 1st Sept I am not felling well,mild fever of 100 degrees and my whole body is paining,Once I take combiflame I am well for 10 hours after that again fever starts,still no resolution,please advice some antibiotic.Mild pain in throat and nose is sneezing
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Your symptoms are most probably due to viral infection which are self limiting .
With adequate rest and supportive therapy it is likely to resolve on its own within a week .
However if the symptoms worsen over this period like high grade fever ,cough , yellow/ XXXXXXX sputum ,breathing difficulty etc then you should consult your doctor for a thorough evaluation to rule out a bacterial infection and start appropriate antibiotics for a course of five to seven days .The usually prescribed ones are as follows,
Azithromycin ( 500 mg once daily ) Or
Cefixime ( 200 mg twice daily )or
Amoxicillin ( 500 mg thrice daily.)

Along with this your doctor might prescribe appropriate supportive treatment depending on your clinical examination like,
1.Antiinflammatory analgesics / antipyretics ( acetaminophen or ibuprofen ) thrice daily.
2.Decongestant or over the counter cold medications containing antihistamines like. Cetrizine or Chlorpheniramine for runny nose , Irritating cough etc.
3. Multivitamin supplements ( zincovit or beneficiale etc) for faster recovery.

As of now I would advise you to get yourself evaluated as in mild viral fevers antibiotics are hardly needed and with proper supportive therapy you might recover soon within a week or two .
If the symptoms worsen or persist your doctor might feel the need to order a blood test for confirming the diagnosis like CBC MP , ESR , widal etc
Remember to drink plenty of fluids and have a nutritious diet along with ample of rest for a faster recovery.
Warm saline gargles and steam inhalations thrice daily might provide some soothing relief.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer in case you have no further queries.