Fever, body pain, back pain since 20 days. Causes and treatment for symptoms?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
doctor since last 15-20 days fever with body pain and back pain
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 28 minutes later

A fever with body ache for last 15-20 days can be due to many reasons.

If the fever is low grade without any chills and rigor then viral infection is the most likely cause.

High grade fever with chills is indicative of bacterial infection and needs proper investigations like blood tests.

It is advisable to first have the investigations for fever like ESR, complete blood count, blood culture, blood test for malarial parasite, widal test, x-ray chest or sonography to exclude any of the pathologies associated with fever. If negative, then viral infection should be explored.

Till that time, keep yourself well hydrated and wear cotton clothes and have a diet XXXXXXX in vitamins and minerals like soups, broths etc with plenty of fluids.

Right now you can start taking Tablet Tylenol which is available over the counter ( Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.