Fever, body itching and rashes. Diagnosed with Hepatomegaly. Treatment?

mild hepetomegaly what do next treatment
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Follow-up: Fever, body itching and rashes. Diagnosed with Hepatomegaly. Treatment? 2 minutes later
mild hepetomegaly what to do next treatment please help give suggetion

history; since 10 days of fever .body iching & rases
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 55 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query here.

As I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor reply.

Please enter more details about your son so that we can work out what he has.
Was the mild enlargement of the liver seen by a pediatrician or was it discovered on an ultrasound?

Sometimes, even a normal liver may be palpable, especially if the child has drawn in a XXXXXXX breath at the time of the doctor examining him. At other times, a slightly enlarged liver may have no aberration at all.

Awaiting your complete post.

Dr. Taher Kagalwala
Follow-up: Fever, body itching and rashes. Diagnosed with Hepatomegaly. Treatment? 4 hours later
what to give diet & what to give medicine
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 3 hours later

Please send more details about the child as I requested you in my earlier answer. It will not be possible for me to take further questions till you provide me with further input on the child's illness.

Presuming that there is no major problem, there is no need to restrict anything in the diet.

Generally XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, fruits, milk along with whole grains are given. Restrict in take of fried stuff. Dal is also good to recover soon.

Hope I answered all your queries.

With regards,

Dr. Taher