Fever, body ache, shivering, taken paracetamol, want to take Augmentin, Proflox. Advisable?

I have fever with body ache and i also experienced severing while fever is coming. I have have final examination day after tomorrow. presently i am staying in hostel and no good medical facilities are available. i have taken paracetamol. Shall i start antibiotics ?I have following antibiotice with me :
Augmentine 350

please help me.
XXXXXXX, ranchi
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 18 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long do you have fever?
2.) Do you have pain abdomen?
3.) Do you have burning sensation while passing urine?
4.) Do you have Nausea or vomiting?
5.) Do you have Cough?

Your history suggests you have Viral fever and don't worry there seems to be nothing serious in your case.

I Would suggest you get yourself examined by a Physician first even if it takes a long route to go since you have got exams coming on. You may require a Antipyretic Injection and a course of Proper antibiotics after thorough physical examination as no medication can be prescribed without physical examination.

Do not take any antibiotic on your own or on suggestions of your friends without consulting a Doctor. The antibiotics which you have been taking will not be of much help as they are of improper dose. You can take Paracetamol as directed by your Doctor.

Follow these lifestyle changes for early recovery:

1.) Get plenty of rest.
2.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
3.) Drink plenty of fluids.
4.) Avoid stress.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health and Speedy recovery.

Take Care.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.