Fever blister on upper lip, yellow discharge. Lip and face are swollen now. Help!

I had what I thought was a fever blister on upper lip, but I messed with it an got yucky yellow out of it. My lip and face are swollen now... Help!!
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 4 hours later

It seems it has got into cellulitis(bacterial infection below skin) or deeper spread of infection. Such conditions especially can really be life threatening as the blood vessels (Little's plexus) from upper lip have connections with blood vessels from brain (dangerous area of face and nose). So with further neglect there is a chance for infection to spread to brain.
Visit a doctor earliest in ER, this may warrant emergency therapy with antibiotics. with or without drainage of the abscess if it has been formed yet.

Please accept my answer if this satisfies your query and need for medical advice online.