Fever and pain in pelvic area between groin and hip. What could be the reason?

I have been getting a fever that comes on everyday around the same time. tired after getting good sleep. pain in pelvic area between my groin and inside hip
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: ? Genitourinary infection.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Fever is an indication of inflammation - body's defence response. Presence of pain between the groin around your hips suggest the source is possibly in your genitourinary system - ? genitourinary infection. Tiredness and easy fatigability are commonly occurring prodromol symptoms associated with fever and infection. Off course my presumption is based on the details provided. As a physician I will require the help of investigation to confirm this possibility. Therefore, I would order a complete blood count, routine urine examination, urine culture and ultrasound abdomen and pelvis as my first set of test. Your local doctor will know about these tests. In the interim, you can use tylenol whenever you feel feverish. Drink plenty of fluids. Cranberries and cranberry juice / pills are known to be helpful when dealing with genitourinary infection. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: Fever and pain in pelvic area between groin and hip. What could be the reason? 9 minutes later
the pain in pelvic area feels like it is right in my joints. I have not had any injury nor sex for the last 5 desire for sex either. sometimes feel shortness of breath. the fever is a problem as not much seems to bring it down. the whole body hurts when it comes on.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Prodromol symptoms vs infection... Detailed Answer: Hi, Though the new set of information cannot completely exclude the possibility of genitourinary infection, it is quite possible that multiple body pains may just be associated prodromol symptoms. You can go ahead with the aforementioned test to exclude infective condition. If test reveal absence of infection, then the aches is most likely associated complaints. I expect you to feel better as soon as fever settles. That should happen in the next 2-3 days. I would encourage you to get the tests done. Drink plenty of fluids and follow my previous instruction. You can follow up with me in the next 2 days. Hope this helps. Regards