Fever after start of menstual cycle. What is the reason?

Low grade fever 100.1 right after start of menstrual cycle. Started cycle at about 1:00pm and began have fever at 3:00pm ish..
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The mild low grade fever that you are having might not be related to the menstruation. It is likely to be due to a minor viral infection. You can start taking tablet acetaminophen for symptomatic relief. Usually such symptoms subside in 4-5 days.
In case the fever is high grade, associated with chills and rigor or other symptoms of systemic infection then you need to consult your physician for specific treatment.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.