Fertility test done. What are the findings? Can I impregnate my wife?

my fertility test results show a concentration count of 3.5 and a sperm count in ejaculate of 7.1.

does this mean i cannot father children?
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
The sperm count in your report is low,at 7.1mil. For natural conception, the sperm count should be at least 20 mil. There are some method of artificial reproductive techniques where the semen wash is done,to get good quality sperms. And used for ART. You can consult a specialist for possibilities.
Follow-up: Fertility test done. What are the findings? Can I impregnate my wife? 3 minutes later
how does it get so low?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
Gradually with age,sperm count does become lower. Apart from that,infections also have a effect. Tight underwear,alcohol,smoking,addictions, heat etc all cause the sperm count to decrease. You can try FERTISURE M 1 tab daily for 3 months. Its a supplement that sometimes helps to increase the count.