Female diagnosed with Human papillomavirus. Will I be able to sexually intimate without passing on the virus?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I am 40 years old, newly divorced, and have been seeing a wonderful man. Unfortunately a few months ago I was diagnosed with the HPV virus. I am scared to death to tell him and of course want to keep him safe. I was indenting if you have any tips to break the news to him, and will I be able to be sexually intimate with him without passing on the virus to him!
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 51 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern.
I would like to know whether you have or had HPV lesions or only laboratory investigations positive for HPV. If you presently have the HPV lesion it is strictly advised that you must have sex with him with protection.

HPV is not always infectious and not to everybody. There are people living without any traces of HPV in spite of their regular and long lasting sex contact with their HPV infected sex partners.

If you don't want to disclose your HPV status to him and wants to have sex with him why can't you use a femidome- female condom. Your partner may not be aware and you can have sex without infecting him.

There is no other alternative fool-proof method available in this regard.
Have a great day.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Female diagnosed with Human papillomavirus. Will I be able to sexually intimate without passing on the virus? 27 minutes later
No lesions, only laboratory tests. Can you tell me a little more about the female condom works, how you insert it, and can it be bought over the counter? Thanks for all of your help!
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 36 minutes later

Welcome back.
You don't have the lesion and HPV found only on investigations. This may be common with many people throughout the world.
Without aware of this fact they do have sex regularly and not have any lesions or any manifestations.

Female condoms have two rings on either side (one small and another little bigger).If guided once, you yourself can inset the same. Most often not easily found externally. You can have sex for more than once without changing the femidome each time.
Availability, shape and size you can verify in websites through Google search engine and also how to insert the same.
All the best.