Felt unbearable cold and palpitation while walking. What am I suffering from?

I could not cope with cold and today while walking I felt unbearable cold and thereafter feel uncomfortable and palpitation.
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 7 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

In the setting of previous CABG and angioplasty, ‘uncomfortable’ feeling with palpitation needs immediate attention.

Any pain at this situation should be investigated as HEART PAIN – UNLESS PROVED OTHERWISE –
In suspected heart attack, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Felt unbearable cold and palpitation while walking. What am I suffering from? 5 hours later
As yesterday temperature was between 6 to 10 degree cel. and it was chilly cold. I am taking treatment from Fortis vasantkung Delhi & when I go there for routine checkup there I feel comfortable as temperature in the hospital is normal. The hospital gives OK report. Pertinent to mention that after yesterday incidence I take rest in warm room and took hot drink and slowly I became to feel normal, however it took three hours to completely feeling Ok. Please advise me that whether it happens as in my case or I should further needs medical attention. Had I not gone outside for a walk yesterday it would be all normal?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 13 minutes later

‘OK’ report is reassuring.

It is bad to venture out in cold.
Cold constricts the blood vessels / reduces the blood flow.
It happens to everybody.
It is likely that this was the case in your case too.

However, it is better to have thallium exercise ECG (stress test) – to make sure.
your hospital is fine and can do this.
Examination and routine ECG have limitations.

All the best