Felt tiny painless lump on anus. Applied topical creme. What could this be?

I can feel a tiny painless lump in the entrance of my anus what can it be? I can feel it when I clean myself in that area. It's inside but I can feel it close to the entrance. For the most part I dont feel it but today I felt a very very slight sensation but not painful at all. I applied some topical creme. I don't want to go and see someone about it.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 29 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query,

Most likely this is a small hemorrhoid. This is caused by a swollen blood vessel. Most of the time these will slowly resolve and the swelling will reduce. A couple of things you can do to help at this time - warm bath twice a day - just sitting in the warm water can reduce the swelling. Also, a topical hemorrhoid cream or gel such as PreparationH would be a good idea to use as well - 2 to 3 times daily.

If for some reason the swelling remains for more than 2 weeks I would have your doctor take a look.

Thanks again for your query.

Dr. Galamaga