Felt sweaty and panic. No stomach cramps or diarrhoea. Took zofran. What could be the reason?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Felt fine then ate lunch and still felt fine. 30 minutes later i felt alittle warm which turned into sweating alot on my face and upper body and I had a adrenalin feeling i didn't have stomach cramps or diarrhea i just felt sweaty and scared. I then threw up twice within 10minutes. I had zofran from a past illness and quickly took that and never had anymore symptoms. I'm concerned how it came on so fast my stomach felt fine up until i vomited. I'm a 51 year old female

I forgot to add i had taken a iron pill ferrex 150 right before I ate because I am anemic but have taken them for awhile
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXX,

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic with your query.

If this was one time insident only then you should not worry. Such symptoms can occur due to gastritis or overeating or mild food poisoning. In your case iron tablet might have caused gastritis.

But if such symptoms recur then you certainly need investigations.

I was just wondering if you have been investigated for the cause of anemia. Because persisting vomitings and anemia may be related and may need investigations like an endoscopy. But if this was one odd episode then you should not worry much.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal

Follow-up: Felt sweaty and panic. No stomach cramps or diarrhoea. Took zofran. What could be the reason? 21 hours later
Thank you so much for responding. I am anemic because I have large periods. Yes I hate to vomit as I'm sure everyone done but it was sudden and no symptoms other then a warm feeling that got worse. Ok thank you again.

Dear XXXXXX,

All of us may get such symptoms once in a while, so dont worry. However, if it becomes repeated affair then it will need investigations.

I agree large periods may be the cause of anemia in your case.

Best wishes once again.

Dr Dinesh Singal