Felt something struck in throat and causing bad breath. Any solution?

ENT Specialist
I often get little peices of something stuck in my throat They smell very bad. What is this? Its,VERY iritating & I know that it must cause bad breath too. Please help!
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 53 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding little pieceses which are stuck in throat and are having bad smell, they are giving bad breath also.

Considering your query and co-relating it with pathological process going on in throat these small pieceses are ORGANISED PUS in the tonsils.Some times in cases of chronic tonsillitis the lymphoid follicle gets suppurates and so form pus due to our body resistance gets organised to form small white piceses looking like as pieces of rise, having bad smell, more often they may be seen stuck to tonsils.

As far as treatment is concerned conservative treatment in the form of Antibiotic, anti inflammatory and warm saline gargling may be tried, but in majority of cases conservative treatment usually fails and tonsillectomy is planed for permanent cure.

I hope your query is well explained.