Felt something struck in throat and bruise and swelling appeared. Should I go for treatment?

I choked on some food the yesterday and afterwards it felt like something was stuck in my throat I ended up going into the Urgent Care and was xrayed this was inconclusive as I have had radiation in the past so saw ENT who looked in my throat and said that it was bruised and swollen from choking but otherwise everything looked fine. I only had liquids last night and today and it feels somewhat better today but just tried to eat some soft pasta and it just wouldn't go down. There is a squishy sound when I swallow. I am able to drink water or liquid in small amounts at a time. Should I go back in or just wait this out a couple of days?
Posted Tue, 16 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The course of the condition you explained is very typical.Chocking does cause swelling in the throat which gives a sensation of something stuck in the throat.

It does take few days for the swelling to come down , the exact duration for recovery is always difficult to determine.

I suggest you not to worry and wait for couple of days as it is recovering and there is no need for any special medical attention now.

Do gargle with antiseptic solutions like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food , this will speed up the recovery.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.