Felt sick, had fever. Took Ibuprofen but BP is high with joint and back pain. Suggestion?

My husband was sick yesterday and last night he felt normal but this morning he is sicker then he was yesterday I consulted with a Dr. here and would like more feed back
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Non-specific symptoms & needed details of problem.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Your query is very broad and non-specific to answer , please come with a detailed description like:

1.What exactly is the problem?
2.For what reasons you have consulted your physician?
3.At present what are his compalints?

Please come back with these details.So that it will be easy for me to answer in a better way

Follow-up: Felt sick, had fever. Took Ibuprofen but BP is high with joint and back pain. Suggestion? 11 minutes later
same as yesterday except he can't pee well fever of 101.2F he just took a Ibuprofin his blood pressure is 132/68 p65 which is high for him he usaully runs 100/60 he seemed fine last night but was sick all day now he is sick again but worse off then yesterday. very little nausea and no vomiting body aches some and joint pain, back pain but can control with change in position ( back pain )
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Acute febrile illness due to viral or bacterial

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Presence of fever, body pains and generilised weakness- pointing towards either a Acute febrile illness due to viral or bacterial origin. For this you need to get done Blood tests and urine analysis to rule out any infection. Giving painkillers like ibuprofen gives temorary relief. So its better to evaluate under care of a Physician to sort out what might be causing this sudden illness.