Felt pinch in heart and was drousy, low bp. Prone to Gas and acidity. Done with ECG. What are the findings?

Geriatrics Specialist
my ecg was taken two hours before, i am giving below the results of ecg please give the answer if it is ok. yesterday i felt little pinch in my heart and was feeling drousy. i am a male 57 years old and prone to Gas and acidity. I am in chennai, India here presently it is summer here and with approx 40 degrees temp and very humid atmosphere.
HR 92 BPM, QRS-86MS, QT/QTCB- 344/427MS, PR-174MS, P-100MS, PR/PP- 648/645, P/QRS/T- 35/20/35 DEGREES, QTD/QTCBD-40/50MS, SOKOLOW- 1.5M V NK-13. MY BP IS 130/90. NORMALLY I AM A LOW BP PERSON. 110/70.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 2 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing to us,
Your ECG findings are completely normal for your age.
The following ECG reveals
HR(Heart rate) in normal range only. (70to 100).
The other readings represents the heart activity and their working conditions .
QRS axis is normal within range (explains the ventricular contraction/ depolarization as whole).
PR INTERVAL and P/QRS/T AXIS are in normal range.
SOKOLOW is used to express the thickness of the ventricular muscle. It is within normal limits in your conditions.
And for an 57 year old person blood pressure of 130/90 is considered normal . (as increase in age makes the vessel walls thicker resulting in increased blood pressure.
If you are further experiencing the symptoms of chest pricking / it is advisable to do an ECHOcardiography, which is more reliable and helps the treating physician to study the heart valves and myocardium.
Take care, let me know of future queries.