Felt pea sized lumps at the back of skull. Should I be worried?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi doctor, I just felt pea sized lumps at the back of the skull of my 4 year old son. It is on the both sides. They are not moving and doesn't affect him.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and Welcome to XXXXXXX

These pea sized lump at the back of skull seems to be lymph nodes. Fortunately, these lumps are almost always nothing to be concerned about. If a lymph node is the same size that it was a month ago, it is healthy.
If there is any sudden increase in the size of the lump then you may have to consult your doctor.

Hope this helps you.Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries

Wishing your son good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.