Felt nauseous and passed out, was unconscious. Has knot on forehead after felling. Advise?

Nov 2013

My wife felt nausea then passed out and fell out of her chair. She was not responsive for 10-15 seconds then came to. She is talking and articulate now, bit I see veins on her forehead somewhat more prominent. She has a knot on the other side of the forehead where she fell to the restaurant floor. She feels tired and her stomach feels "a little odd"
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

The description seems to be due to syncope (temporary lack of blood flow to brain).

The common underlying causes include tiredness or exhaustion, fasting, an inter current illness such as viral fever, anxiety, dehydration, etc.

The knot on forehead is due to minor bleeding underneath the skin and would resolve on its own.

As of now, there is no need to worry. She can be taken to a GP for detailed clinical examination.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)