Felt nauseous after inserting finger in anus. Have anxiety. What could be the reason?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi, once i had put my finger through my anus and i felt nauseous during that time.I had a little panic attack after that because i got scared and felt bloating in my stomach.i did it many times because of that to see if something was wrong.Since then i have been feeling very nauseous and bloated everyday and i am thinking its because of that.But i have a lot of anxiety so i dont know whether the nauseous feelings and bloating is because of anxiety or the other thing.All these changes make me think its all because of that.I don't know what to do.My stool has become really thin since then and it leads me to believe that i have injured or blocked some passage or something. Also, there is something read at the upper part of the anus hole when i open the butt cheek which i am assuming wasn't there earlier.Could it be because of straining?And it feels like the faecal matter is coming from this upper side instead of the anus hole even though it isnt.Please help i am really worried.Also, when i strain on the toilet and try to see in the mirror there is some huge formation coming out more on the left side.PLease help me and tell me whats wrong.
red* not read. I cannot tell this to anyone so you are my only hope, please help
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 1 hour later
Hello, XXXXXXX,
Seems like you were trying to clear what was in your
rectum by introducing your finger or trying to disimpact
a hard stool. Bloating can be from constipation and if
you have hard stool retained high up in the left side
of the colon, you can have more bloating. Nausea is
associated with this. If you are the type of person
who gets anxious easily, certainly this can aggravate
the situation.
As for what you saw in the mirror after straining, you
probably have some hemorrhoids that protrude or
prolapse when you strain.
I think the main problem is constipation.
You need to take some stool softeners that are
available over the counter. Your pharmacist can help
you with this.
You need to increase your fiber intake, eat more fresh
fruits and vegetables, whole grain cereal and drink
enough fluids daily. You are young and I assume you
are physically very active.
You can use some Hemorrhoid preparations available
over the counter to relieve the irritation. Sitz baths or
warm compresses are also helpful'
Wish you well.

Follow-up: Felt nauseous after inserting finger in anus. Have anxiety. What could be the reason? 32 minutes later
No i put my finger up the anus because i thought it would give a good feeling like masturbating.My stool is not hard, it is thin.I feel this nausea will keep increasing.Should i be worried about it.Have i injured or blocked something that is causing nausea,thin stool,bloating etc?Constipation does not worry me, what worries me are these problems and the red thing in the upper part of my anus.What should i do about the red thing?should I just leave it alone?And can hemorrhoid be harmful or is it normal and i should just forget about it?these things are worrying me a lotto u need to tell me if I'm normal please,or whether something is wrong. I don't think i have hard stool in the left side of the colon,i feel i damaged my nerve or something when i put the finger up.Please explain properly and answer my questions i am very very worried

And from what i understand is that you are saying there is some hard stool stuck. That sounds very very scary,what should i do about it,how do i make the nausea bloating thin stool etc disappear?if Its hard stool stuck in the rectum how do i make it ok?will it just get ok with time?please help

Are you saying that the hard stool retained high up in the colon is because i put my finger and something happened because of that or is it retained there just because of constipation?because constipation is normal and i wouldn't be worried about that.But the other thing is scaring me a lot

Actually i don't know if my stool is hard, but it is thin for sure.Why is all this happening?could the finger thing have anything to do with the stool?and will it get ok on its own?

Also, When i had put the finger inside it did not go inside much.I tried to force it n i felt nauseous so thats y i think i didn't push a hard stool high up because my finger didn't go much inside and i think i didn't find the gap or the hole or something

Hello, XXXXXXX,
First thing I want you do is relax. I don't think
you damaged anything by inserting your finger
in your rectum. I don't think you pushed anything
high up with your finger.
As for hemorrhoids, you will be fine as long as you
can keep your stool soft and not have to strain.
Using a stool softener will help you. Even if some
of the hard stool is high up, it will soften and you
will be able to pass it. Keep drinking lots of water.
You will be fine.
Wish you well.

Follow-up: Felt nauseous after inserting finger in anus. Have anxiety. What could be the reason? 3 hours later
But then i noticed the red thing after that day, and all the nauseous feelings and bloating are happening since that day only.Whenever i take in water or soda or anything to drink,it feels little nauseous sometimes so i can't even drink water properly. Now i don't know what to do about it. How will it get ok? Do you think it is because of that thing i did?

Also, what is a stool softener?
My stool is also thin everyday now since that day, so that makes me worry a lot. How do i stop worrying about it unless i know it'll get ok on its own or won't have any effect in my life

Not just that, it feels my stool is coming from the upper side which is red,like there is extra pressure automatically there,that feels very scary.what is wrong?

Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 7 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Stop worrying. I don't think you did any damage
to your rectum. Stool softeners are tablets or capsules
when taken daily keeps your stool nice and soft, so you
don't have to strain and make the red thing come out more.
Don't drink too much soda because it produces more gas.
If you are still very concerned ,have your doctor check your
bottom.
Wish you well.