Felt movable lump under rib cage. Could this be lipoma?

small pointy lump about an inch under the bottom of left rib cage about 3 inches to center. not sensitive. a bit moveable. I have many lipoma's and have had several removed. This is a bit harder smaller and rounder then most of my lipoma's.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical care specialist) and would be glad to answer your query here.

It is also likely to be a lipoma. could be some skin growth or cyst.

Could you tell me this?: if you lie flat, raise your both legs up (to tighten the abdominal muscles), and try to move the lump held between your fingers side to side? Is it freely movable or fixes once muscles get tight?

If you could upload a photo here on this site using the uploader below your text box, it would be great.

You could consult a surgeon to get evaluated and see if it is really a lipoma.

I would be happy to answer any future queries.
Keep me informed at
Good luck !