Felt lump under skin on lower back. Lump started getting bigger. Should I consult a doctor?

ENT Specialist
i have recently observed/felt a lump under the skin in the lower part of my back, just above the XXXXXXX gluteous area.The lump becomes bigger and more prominent when i sit down but i can feel it even while standing. What could it be due to? What kind of doctor should I visit so that it can be diagnosed?.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 21 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M.for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding a lump in gluteal region.You have not told about any other relevent symptoms as is there any pain in lump ?, for how long you are having it ?, Is there any fever ?, Weather the size of lump is gradually increasing or not ?.

Any way I am ignoring these relevent symptoms and in this way it may be-

(a) Lipoma.
(b) Lymphadenitis.
(c) Sebacious cyst.

To confirm it you have to do these investigations-

(1) Ultrasonography of lump.
(2) FNAC from lump

By above two investigations type and nature of lump will be decided, and for treatment you should consult any general surgeon.

I hope your query is explained.