Felt lump in throat. Sonogram showed few adherent gallstones but no cholecystitis. Related?

General Surgeon
Hi. I am having symptoms of tightness/lump in my throat at about the level of my adam's XXXXXXX Also what feels like esophogeal spasms and I am occasionally burping up a nonacidic white foam especially when I have not eaten in a while. I have had a sonogram of my gallbladder and I have a few adherent gallstones but no cholecystitis. I also sometimes have pain at the level of my adam's XXXXXXX which sometime radiates down to my collar bone. I especially feel this pain when I have tightness in my throat.
Posted Thu, 10 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by acid reflux disease, throat inflammation due to acid irritation or due to anxiety.
Asthma is very often associated with GERD, and you do suffer from asthma, this diagnosis is very probable. If you do smoke, also some larynx diseases are possible (smoking cigarettes increases risk of throat and larynx cancer).
It is advisable for you to start with upper GI endoscopy with Helicobacter Pylori test. If positive, antibiotics with medicines blocking acid secretion are necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.