Felt lump in genital area. Noticed pus discharge after bathing. Safe remedy?

2 days backs i felt lump in my genital area on the soft tissue .it had a small white dot on the tip while bathing tip broke and white pus little came out .. y it so
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 minutes later
From the description provided it probably seems like a pustule or a vesicle( fluid filled lesion or blister).
I would like to know
Exact location of the lesion
Duration , since how long was it present
Painful or painless
Any associated features like discharge or lymph node swelling or fissuring and whitish slough over glans
Now after the tip of lesion broke , is there any ulcer formation
Any prior history of unprotected sexual exposure

If possible attach an image of concerned area. Answer these queries too, we may continue the discussion here.
Follow-up: Felt lump in genital area. Noticed pus discharge after bathing. Safe remedy? 5 minutes later

Hi ,

on the softer tissue of gentials on the side

3 days back i felt bulgy and started monitoring it

only if i press hard it shows little pain

other than my wife > i dont have any sexual encounter even that was before 6 months
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Apologies for delayed response,

From the description it seems to be a bacterial infection.
Do XXXXXXX warm water compresses to clean the area and apply mupirocin cream twice in a day. Do not clean the area with soap or dettol.

However still dermatology being a visual field, I would appreciate if you could attach an image of concerned area.
Follow-up: Felt lump in genital area. Noticed pus discharge after bathing. Safe remedy? 11 minutes later

what r the reason behind this infection ?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 15 hours later
Bacteria multiplies rapidly in warm and moist conditions under foreskin. Presence of smegma and no circumcision increases the chances. Hence the area should be cleaned daily and after washing the area should be dried properly. But use of soap to clean the area is not advised.

The presence of a painless lump which ruptures to form an ulceration also points towards syphilitic chancre but as there is no history of sexual activity outside, that can probably be ruled out.

As I have not seen the lesion, its difficult to think of other clinical probabilities.
I would advise that you XXXXXXX a male dermatologist near by to get the area examined clinically if application of mupirocin does not help.

Hope that answers your query.