Felt lump at the bottom of breasts after delivery. Suspected for xiphoid process. Worried for cancer lump

May 2013
Hi. I had a baby in October and I had a lump at the bottom of my breasts. When I asked the doctor to look at it (because it was not there prior to my pregnancy and I did not notice it till the baby was out). I thought it was a cancer lump. He told me the baby had pushed out my xiphoid process.
Will that ever go back? I really notice it when I am laying face up, I can really feel it then.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 47 minutes later

Some amount of displacement of ribcage and xiphoid process can be seen in advanced pregnancy.
But these will usually revert back few weeks after delivery.
As it is almost 6 months over after your delivery, usually the xiphoid process may not be noted prominently. In thin built persons normally also xiphoid can be felt prominently.
So you once consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the actual nature of the lump and proceed according to her advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.