Felt light headed when standing, dry cough, stiff upper back, shoulders and neck, slight sore throat. Given motrin

for 2 days my 19 year old son has felt light headed when standing and just didnt feel well yesterday nor today, dry cough, stiff upper back, shoulders and neck, slight sore throat. About an hour ago he had severe chills and I gave him motrin, i just checked him and he has 103 fever, his eyes are red. His stomach does not hurt and his appetite has been fine. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 58 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your son is possibly having upper
respiratory tract infection, most common cause is viral infections but sometimes may be due to some bacterial infections.
He should have rest, ensure hydration and nutrition.
Saline gargles thrice a day and tab paracetamol+tramadol combination for fever and fatigue.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!