Felt fleshy lump on vaginal wall. Getting sharp pain in groin with vaginal discharge. Any cure?

I can feel a fleshy lump to the right side of my vaginal wall. I am getting the occasional sharp shooting pain on the right side of my groin accompanied with a lot of vaginal discharge which is clear/white in colour with a sweet odour. I have been previously diagnosed with PCOS although periods are not too irregular, although I have not had one since september when I was started on 2 micronor pills per day. During ovulation and periods, pain is normally more to the right too.
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 18 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

The fleshy lump you feel could be a polyp.They are usually asymptomatic or may present with pain or bleeding.
Vaginal discharge could be related to this or due to associated genital infection.

The other possibility can be an ovarian cyst leading to irregular cycles, pain and worsening of symptoms with periods.

You need to consult a gynecologist for an XXXXXXX examination to confirm the diagnosis.
An ultrasound may be required depending on your examination findings.

Follow-up: Felt fleshy lump on vaginal wall. Getting sharp pain in groin with vaginal discharge. Any cure? 32 minutes later
My last cervical smear was in January of this year and was normal. However, I am experiencing very mild bleeding after sex. This bleeding however is not painful and it is not painful during sex either.

I suppose my main fear is that it would be something cancerous. I have two children at the moment. My last pregnancy was in 2005 and it was a difficult birth with my daughter being face down and requiring turning during delivery.

Besides being diagnosed with PCOS in 2001, I have had pretty normal record of sexual health, though my daughters conception was aided with clomid. I have an appointment with my GP on 10th December to have a vaginal exam (due to the bleeding after sex) - Should I see if I can be sooner.

Please calm me down! I am getting stressed.

Also, should add the pain is not there all the time but comes in twinges of sharp pain.
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later
Hello there.

thanks for writing back.

You need not panic.

Your symptoms are not severe to panic. Also you say your last cervical smear was normal. Cancer does not happen so soon.

Bleeding after sex further supports that you have a polyp. Polyp are growths which are usually benign. They are easily treatable by removal which is then sent for tissue study to confirm there is no malignant change in them. Their removal is minor surgical procedure which does not require any long term admission.

You can wait till your appointment.

I hope I have answered you.