Felt dizzy spell, nausea and totally blurred. Diagnosed with leaky valve earlier. Suggestions?

I am a 63yr old female - healthy apart from breast cancer 3 years ago - mastectomy and free flap - plus have a leaky aortic valve which I have monitored every 2 years - no change since diagnosis several years ago. The leaky valve was discovered because I had a dizzy turn and momentarily lost vision in one eye - dr sent me for scan of neck and brain - thought it could have been a slight stroke - everything was OK. He then sent me to a cardiologist who discovered the leaky valve. I have had a few of the dizzy spells over the past few years but they pass quickly. Messaging you now as I am at work - just had a client visit and during the visit I had this dizzy spell which was a bit worse - even though I didn't lose vision totally became blurred, felt nauseated which I haven't before and right hand side of the tongue tingled for a few seconds. The recovery wasn't so quick and still feel a bit nauseated - sitting quietly at my desk at the moment -??
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 28 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

If you can find a place, lie down! – far better and safer than sitting, when dizzy.
It is most probably related to blood circulation - to the brain...

You have to see a neurologist.
MRI of the brain will be necessary.
MRA (MRI angiography) shows the blood vessels and should also be done at the same sitting.
EEG may also be indicated.

ECHOcardiogram (for thrombus) and Holter (for arrhythmia) may be necessary depending on the clinical situation... Your cardiologist can assess and help further.      

The body's balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. If there are no clues, an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist is the one to see next... They have special tests to evaluate the contribution of the ear.

Postural hypotension, anaemia may also be contributing...
Discuss with your doctor...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck