Felt dizzy after head injury. Started feeling tired and have stiff neck. Should I be concerned?

General Surgeon
I hit my head pretty hard on the right side and have felt dizzy for a week now, especially when I lay down. If I turn my head to the left, the room spins and also when I sit up. Seems to be worse at night. Neck is a little stiff, no headaces, just a little tired. Called my doctor and told him the symptoms...he said to take it easy and if I needed to, go to ER or Urgent Care. Should I be concerned? Perhaps I should go to ER?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Every head injury brings a risk of brain trauma. Some of brain hemorrhages can give symptoms right after the trauma, but some can give no symptoms or minor symptoms for a long time. That is why, every head trauma (even if there was no lost of consciousness) which gives symptoms like yours should not be neglected. I suggest you to do not wait anymore and go to ER. Head CT seems reasonable and will rule out any injuries.
Your symptoms might be caused by post traumatic increased pressure in the head, but its too risky to wait, and it is really good to have a clear situation.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.