Felt blacked out after hitting forehead. Feel nausea and dizziness. Suffer stomach ache. Normal?

Neurologist, Surgical
hi i must have stood up too quickly the day before yesterday because i blacked out and hit the front top side of my right forehead on the top of a chair, i remember feeling the hit so i dont think i blacked out afterwards, after this i had a very bad headache and nasea and some dizziness, saw a dr a couples hrs later and also saw one yesterday they said my neurological symptoms are fine, but yesterday morning i woke up with a stomach ache aswell as nasea the ache passed but the nasea lasted the whole day and again this morning i have a terrible stomach ache, i have barely been able to eat but the drs say its just a concussion and whiplash.. is this normal? should i be worried.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
syncopal attack

Detailed Answer:

My best wishes for a speedy recovery

I have gone through your medical history in detail. It appears that you have suffered a syncopal attack followed by fall & head injury.

Stomach ache and nausea does not seem to be related. I would treat this with antacid & antiemetic medication for couple of days before proceeding to investigate further. You should be able to find a good antacid and antiemetic over the counter at your nearest chemist stores.

As you been to the doctor after the fall, I hope you did get a CT scan to rule out intracranial lesion. If CT scan was normal and if symptoms persist, I would consider MRI CERVICAL SPINE to rule out cervical cause for vertigo; though it is very uncommon in young age.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Praveen k XXXXXXX
deptt.of neurosurgery
Follow-up: Felt blacked out after hitting forehead. Feel nausea and dizziness. Suffer stomach ache. Normal? 3 hours later
i went to the drs and they did not do a CT scan should i get one? i have had a sudden bad onset of a headache in my temples and back of head tonight? it comes in waves? is this normal for a concussion/whiplash from the fall? or should i go get a CT scan?

kind regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible Syncopal attack

Detailed Answer:

In my opinion with all symptoms described you should definitely get a CT SCAN BRAIN to rule out any injury

dr XXXXXXX k XXXXXXX XXXXXXX consultant neurosurgeon