Felt a sharp pain in centre of chest while moving neck. Neck has been stiff and sore. Remedy?

ENT Specialist
while moving neck lastnight i felt a sharp pain in center of chest. came home and slept for seven hours.. Now the center of my chest just kinda has this aching feeling. Neck has been stiff and sore for about a month
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 2 hours later

I am Dr Ravinder Sharma from India.

On the basis of the information provided I can think of the following possibilities:
1. Angina- Pain related to the decrease in blood supply to heart musculature
2. Gastro- oesophageal reflux- Regurgitation of gastric contents due to lax lower end of oesophagus.
3. Myocardial infarction - This could be an extention of angina where a segment of muscles of heart get necrosed due to vascular insufficiency
4. Muscular sprain- As your pain in related to movement and is there for about a month. This can also be a possibility

I would advise you for a physician consultation. You may require some tests like Electrocardiogram (graphic recording of electrical activity of heart), Cardiac enzymes (appearance of some components/ enzymes in blood may suggest a cardiac ischemia- decrease blood supply) and an echocardiography (sound wave picture of heart) to narrow down the possibilities. You may also require upper gastrointestinal study to evaluate for reflux.

I hope this answers your concern.
Do let me know if I can help you further

With regards
Ravinder Sharma