Felt a hard lump in tonsil area, have on and off ear and jaw pain. Any remedy?

After having ear and jaw pain on and off I felt XXXXXXX in side my throat and in the tonsil area I can feel a hard lump which feel tender when touched
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 18 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

You have already been diagnosed with sarcoidosis in lung. But it can virtually affect any organ in body. There is one form of sarcoidosis, cervical sarcoid granuloma, occurring due to lymphadenopathy in neck region. If disease process involves the nerves then there can be radicular pain as in jaw or ear, known as neurosarcoidosis. I think it may be the manifestation of same disease process. It can also be a simple throat infection.

You must consult same physician again and get examined. Ultrasonography of neck will be first line of investigation to rule out exact nature of the lump.

Hope I have answered your query, follow up questions are welcome.

Thanking you.
Follow-up: Felt a hard lump in tonsil area, have on and off ear and jaw pain. Any remedy? 6 hours later
Would the granuloma be on the inside of the throat if it was Sarcoidosis? Also I was recently on antibiotics for a sinus infection, wouldn't they have got rid of any throat infection? Can you get a throat infection one side of the throat only and how long would it last?

Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
The location of the granuloma can be determined properly only after a proper clinical examination. There are multiple lymph nodes in neck which can get infected. So you feel it is inside ,but it may be actually in neck wall region.
Throat infection and sinus infection are different things. Unilateral sinuses can be affected. A unilateral (one sided) throat infection is less likely. Its cure depends on antibiotic sensitivity, severity of illness. However, a mild illness takes 4-5 days to resolved.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. Let me know if you have any more questions