Fell on hand, swollen, painful. Suggest treatment

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Fell on the back of hand. Not broken. . The hand is swollen. And still painful. What treatment
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
If you did x-ray exam which didnt verify fracture then you should only rest, elevate your hand, apply cold compresses, and take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications for pain. Pain and swelling will pull back in a few days.
You must be sure that thare is no injury of vessels, nerves and tendons so if you feel tingling in finger, lack of pulsation in hand, paleness and innability to extend your fingers, you should visit doctors.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help