Fell on hand, lump under chest, done icing. What should I do?

I fell on my hand which had a ball in it just under the right breast and my chest and ribs in the surrounding area aren't feeling any better and it's 3 days actually feeling worse. I put ice and I have difficulty sleeping since just moving my head area to sit up is painful. I am 59 reasonably fit outside of herniations in spine and osteopenia. Forget about side sleeping especially on the right side though the pain and hit was more to the center. Please let me know what I should do, thank you so very much.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 58 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
As injury to chest due to fall, might have caused partial fracture of ribs, you should get X-ray of your chest (PA view) done and consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for examination and treatment.
Meanwhile you can take analgesic anti-inflammatory tablet with serratiopeptidase 2-3 times daily with food and apply Relaxyl gel locally.
Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.
Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.
If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.
With good wishes,
Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma