Fell on chest and stomach, distended abdomen, no bowel movement, chest pain, upper arm pain. What should I do?

I fell hard on tile floor 4 days ago. I landed hard on my chest and stomach. Now my abdomen is very large and distended without bowel motion . I'm 61 I've been in pain from chest contusions and Right upper arm pain. What should I do
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

You need to report to ER as soon as possible. We need a plain X XXXXXXX film erect and supine and if required a CT scan of the abdomen. Also an X-ray of the chest would be helpful.

Having a distended stomach after falling down is not a good sign and you need to consult a doctor at your local place immediately.

Hope this was useful.

Dr. Om Lakhani