Fell on chest. Having pain along ribcage when stretching and taking a deep breath. Anything serious?

General Surgeon
I fell flat on my chest a couple days ago. (I tripped) Today I started having pain along my ribcage on the right side. It is more painful when I lean over, stretch and when I take a very deep breath. It is painful when I press on the area. Have I cracked my rib?
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
Due to trauma to the chest wall,pain is present.It is of musculoskeletal in nature.
Rib fracture is confirmed by X XXXXXXX
Please take X XXXXXXX chest - AP View.
You XXXXXXX take x XXXXXXX chest - PA view for any collection around the lungs.
Till then please take Skeletal muscle relaxant tablet.
If you come back with x XXXXXXX reports,i will clarify further